Senior Cycling's COVID-19 Protocol
Senior Cycling knows how much we all love to be active in the great outdoors and we have been working hard to support everyone who wants to get outside. And while we have had to cancel some departures, we have been adding departures to the backend of our season.
UPDATED TRIP PROTOCOLS
As our return guests know, we have many procedures in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. We are asking that YOU practice self-leadership. We have updated these for this challenging time:
1. Pre-trip - Guests will be asked to complete a health and travel survey regarding their health and recent travel and exposure possibilities. Issues that arise will be addressed through re-scheduling. Guests and guides with any symptoms the week before the trip will be asked to reschedule. Guests will be asked to sign an additional Senior Cycling COVID Waiver that will explain the procedures below, request compliance, and address exposure.
2. Daily Procedures - No Communal Touch Points: Touch only your personal gear. Guides will wear gloves when handling guest gear and bikes. Nothing on the trip will be touched by all guests ie, waters bottles, food items, food service items, etc.- Snack Bin items will be distributed by guides several times during the day Water will be available from a guide. Social distancing (6ft) will be implemented. High traffic areas, such as visitor centers on popular trailheads, will be avoided. Itineraries are subject to adjustments in order to avoid such locations.
3. Mealtime Procedures - Guides will be responsible for serving all meals, snacks, and appetizers, and desserts. Individual plates/bowls/utensils will be used. Guides will wear gloves, and change gloves as necessary to avoid any cross-contamination. If a line forms at mealtime, guests will be required to stand 6ft apart. Drinks will be distributed from the cooler by guides w/ a gloved hand. Tour Included Dinners: - each situation will be reviewed individually.
4. Shuttling Procedures - All passengers in shuttle vans will wear masks. In case you do not have your own mask, Senior Cycling will supply a face-mask. Parties traveling together will be separated from other parties by empty seats. When possible guest vehicles will be incorporated into shuttle plans to minimize van time. Guides will have hand sanitizer/ hand wash available before entering the vehicle.
5. Between Trips - Surfaces in shuttle vans are completely sanitized and cleaned between trips.. All equipment is completely cleaned and sanitized between trips. Bikes are as cleaned and sanitized. Kitchen equipment and coolers are all sanitized.