The scenic Erie Canal Trail is steeped in history. This is a trail that is on many peoples’ bucket list. And for good reason! For our tour we have selected 3 consecutive days on the trail. Nearby, just to the south lies the beautiful Finger Lakes region. To get a taste of local wine, and do a little road riding along the quiet shores of Keuka Lake, we will travel to the quaint lakeside town of Geneva. You may wish to extend your trip in order to visit nearby Niagara Falls, although we will not include this in our tour activities.
Estimate 100 miles in 4 days of riding
Tour Leaders: Colleen and Mark Troy
Overnight accommodations for 4 nights, 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, sag support, entrance to State Parks we visit
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
This tour’s routes include paved roads in the Finger Lakes region, then crushed stone and paved trail on the Erie Canal Trail. Our routes are suitable for all bicycles. There are some moderate hills on our first day of riding. The Erie Canal Trail is a bit more level and generally easy riding.
Suggested bicycle: Touring bikes, road bikes, hybrids
Suggested tire size for this tour: 28mm and larger
$1430 per person (based on double occupancy)
$390 – Single Supplement (extra price to have your own room)
$100 – Bike Rental (helmet and bike bag included)
Your Travel Plans
For this tour we meet riders at 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 22 at our Buffalo, NY airport hotel, location to be announced. The trip ends on Thursday, September 26. We plan to be back at the hotel by 4:00 PM.
If you are traveling by air you fly into and out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport. We return you to our opening hotel at the end of the trip.
If you are driving, you drive to the hotel. We return you there at the close of the trip. You may leave your car there during the trip. There may be a fee to leave your car.
Your Lodging Plans
Your lodging from Sunday, September 22 through Wednesday, September 25 is included. Your night’s lodging on the day the trip ends (Thursday, September 26) is not included. That night is at your expense.
- The cost of this trip is $1360. per person (double occupancy)
- Single supplement fee is $390.
- 50% of the total is a required deposit, due upon registration
- The remainder is due 60 days prior to departure date. (Due date July 22) Cancellation details: If you cancel by 60 days prior to departure date, you will receive a 90% refund. If you cancel less than 60 days prior to departure date you will not receive a refund.
- Please purchase trip insurance. We trust Allianz Travel Insurance. https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com
- If we cancel due to not meeting our minimum number of riders, we will refund 100% of your payment. This decision will be made no later than thirty (30) days prior to the trip.