These Are Relaxed Tours
Senior Cycling is more about the journey than the destination. We travel and tour in scenic
places and we want you to have time to enjoy them. And we want your tour work for you;
If you need a lift, the sag wagon is available each day. If you have special food needs,
we’ll do our best to meet them. If you like extra or fewer miles than we’ve planned, we’ll
try our best to help you. Get the picture?
We typically begin our day at the hotel, enjoying the included breakfast, followed by
8:30-9:00 departure for the day’s ride. While there aren’t always planned breaks in the
morning, there’s always a break for lunch, and our van will be there. If we encounter bad
weather we might revise the day’s activities. Unless there are thunderstorms or other
dangerous weather situations we plan to ride, even in the rain. (Bring rain gear!)
Remember, you can ride in the van! Your tour leaders share the duties of driving the van
and riding sweep and normally alternate each day. And they don’t mind getting wet.
When the day’s ride is complete, unless we ride our bicycles to the hotel, we will load
bikes in the trailer, then drive to the lodging for the night. Normally there’s time to refresh
yourself before our evening gathering, typically occurring at 5:30pm. We’ll provide light
snacks, beverages and share stories from the day’s adventure as well as provide details for
the next day’s ride.
At all included dinners, Senior Cycling pays for food and soft beverages, any alcoholic
beverages are at your own expense. At our included lunches and picnics, we provide
healthy, nutritious meals, focusing on fresh fruit and veggies, meats, cheeses, breads and
salads - oh yeah, there is always DESSERT!
A Word About Safety
When riding your bike, you are required to follow the rules of the road. That means
stopping at signals, using crosswalks and using directional hand signals. When we are on
trails, pedestrians always have the right of way, and it’s up to you to alert pedestrians when
you pass, preferably with a bell and your voice saying “passing on the left”.
Let us know if you have any medical conditions that can affect your ability to participate
in the tour. We carry first aid on the bike as well as in the trailer for minor injuries. It is
your responsibility to alert your tour leader if you are feeling unwell or have been involved
in a crash/mishap on the bike while on tour. We will seek professional medical care for
you if we deem it necessary.
Please buy a policy! Nobody plans accidents or health problems. But they happen. And they’ll ruin you plans for a fun bike tour. Allianz Travel Insurance is a reliable company with reasonable rates. Please check it out and protect your travel investment.
Our Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be written.
- We will refund 90% of the tour price when you cancel in writing 61-90 days prior to the tour starting date.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received 60 days or less before the tour starting date.
- We will refund 100% of the tour price if we cancel a tour due to our failure to meet the minimum rider count. We will notify you within 30 days of the tour starting date.
- We highly recommend that all riders purchase their own trip insurance (not included with tour price) to protect against unexpected emergencies.
- Allianz Travel Insurance offers low-cost trip insurance. Their website: https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com
Now Get Ready!
You’ve signed up and made your plans, now you need to know what to bring and how to
prepare, right? Get yourself on that bike or go to the gym and spend some time in the
saddle, even if it’s a stationary bike; it’ll make a big difference for you.
We choose restaurants for their good food, and the dress code is always casual. Our trips are more about fun than fashion, so don’t fret about wearing something different each night.
Luggage Size & Bag Limits
Our luggage size limit is 25” tall (longest dimension) with a combined linear measure including length, width, and depth of 54”. We cannot accommodate bags larger than the dimensions given. Luggage larger than measurements provided exceed our trailer capacity. Please measure your bags to be sure that you can meet these requirements. Maximum number of bags per rider is 2. (Plus a personal item such as a purse, camera case, or fanny pack) - Failure to follow these rules could result in your baggage being left at the hotel at your expense.
Be Mindful When Packing
Your luggage will be loaded and unloaded at each stop along our tour. This means you’ll be taking it to/from your room to our vehicle every evening/morning. You’ll likely want a main bag, and a smaller bag. Keeping immediate necessities in the smaller bag will allow you to carry less throughout the course of the trip. Packing this way is also to your advantage for those situations where you may encounter stairways to second floor guest rooms.
- Helmet (included with rental bike)
- Bike in good condition
- Spare tube (included with rental bike)
- Rack bag (included with rental bike)
- Water bottle(s) (we include one water bottle)
We suggest you bring:
- Bicycle shorts but bring whatever you like to bike in. If there’s a chance that you will have chilly weather, include tights or long pants or leg warmers.
- Bicycle jerseys. We like them because they tend to be more comfortable and wick the moisture away from your skin better than regular shirts. They also take up less room in your luggage than heavier t-shirts. You might want to bring 2 or 3. But anything you are comfortable riding in is fine.
- Cycle gloves – without the fingertips if it’s warm, full gloves if it will be chilly.
- A windbreaker and rain gear. We recommend some form of rain gear. It may not keep you entirely dry but it will keep you warm. Your rain jacket may also be your windbreaker. Temperatures are often unpredictable, even in Florida. Layers of clothing are best!
- Long sleeve shirt
- Short sleeve shirt
- Tights (for cool weather)
- Long pants
- Socks (3 pairs)
- Base layers (especially in cold climates)
- Extra batteries
Nice to have:
- Bike lock (included with bike rental)